Terry R. Mohr, is the senior partner of Mohr Sullivan & Kasper, P.C., whose practice is limited to Matrimonial and Family Law at the trial court and appellate levels. He has extensive experience in contested and uncontested dissolution of marriage matters, including issues dealing with custody and children’s concerns, paternity, domestic violence, post-divorce modification and enforcement and ante-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements. Mr. Mohr also has extensive experience with cases involving complex tax, financial strategies, and business valuation issues. He is certified by the Circuit Court of the 19th & 22nd Judicial Circuits for appointment as a Child’s Representative and Attorney for Children. He practices primarily in McHenry, Kane, and Lake Counties, in Illinois.
Extensive Experience in:
- Complex Divorce Litigation, Contested Custody, Visitation & Parenting Issues Paternity & Extended Families Domestic Violence Post-Divorce, Custody, Visitation & Paternity Litigation
Notable Cases and Results:
- Mr. Mohr declines to list case names in which he has been involved, to maintain the confidentiality of his clients.
- State of Illinois, 1971
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1971
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1971
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Agent, 1971
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1982
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Attorney, 1983
- Varies by case.
Date of Birth:
- University of Florida, 1968
- Iowa State University, B.S. Degree – Engineering 1965
Undergraduate School Honors/Involvement:
- Dean’s List
- Mohr Sullivan & Kasper, P.C. (and Predecessors), 1972 to present: Senior Partner
- BRINKS, HOFER, GILSON & LIONE (Successor of -Hume, Clement, Hume & Lee) 1970-1972 Associate
- UNITED STATES PATENT & TRADEMARK OFFICE 1968-1970- Patent Attorney
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Chair, McHenry County Bar Association Mediation Committee 1992
- Co-Chair, McHenry County Mediation Training Committee 1992
- Chair, Formation Committee to establish Family Law Section of McHenry County Bar 1992
- Selected as member of Who’s Who in American Law 1984 to Present
- Vice-Chair First Chapter of Family Law Section of McHenry County Bar 1993
- Member of American Bar Association, Illinois Bar Association, McHenry County Bar Association
- Recurrent lecturer McHenry County College and various McHenry County education facilities. Presenter to various Elder Associations on Estate Planning. Vice President of City of McHenry Jaycee’s 1975. Past Regional Chair of Federal Drug Abuse Education Program 1977.
Published Legal Writing:
- Occasional contributor of articles to H. Joseph Gitlin.
- Numerous presentations from 1992:
McHenry County Bar Association and Lake County Bar Association
- “Attorney Fees-Legal Elements & Presentation of Petitions for Attorney Fees” 1992
- “Attorney Fees-Recent Case Law Developments” 1994
- “Legal Ethics Beyond Supreme Court Rules of Professional Conduct” 1997
- “Child Advocacy Training-19th Judicial Circuit-Scope and Elements of Representing a Child pursuant to §506 of the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act” 1999
- “Admissible Evidence and Fundamentals in Trial Practice” 2000